- Architecture, design and implementation of Drupal PHP modules for rendering of XML content, reading vehicle data from XML server and looping through results using AJAX scripts. The web application was integrated with a vehicle gauge display to provide an on-board portal for vehicle logistics data. The software was used for customer demonstrations and to obtain a partnering agreement for future business.
- Architecture, design and implementation of a PostGreSQL database to support data and configuration storage for web and desktop applications. Logged data from a desktop application, including J1939 and logistics data, was read by a web application for a dynamic display in a local or remote environment. The database reduced development costs and development time for an interface between two applications.
- Setup of automated build server for builds of C/C++ Visual Studio code and bundling of executables and PHP code for installation. Used Open Source tools to setup infrastructure for web based build server. The web server interface on a clean machine allowed developers to check and test builds without need for extra SCM support. Build server also provided access to previous builds and records of check-ins and results for each build.
- Came into work during San Diego Fires of October 2007 in order to ensure a delivery was made on time. Between doing work at the building and uploading files at home, the delivery was made on time and met the customer needs for delivering to their customer.
- Postponed vacation time in order to complete software functionality for an internal demo for further funding. The functionality was not planned for but was considered crucial in getting external customer approval and funding. The work was completed on time and the demonstration occurred successfully with plans for a follow up for future funding and marketing efforts.
- Design and implementation of Intranet Development Engineering Environment Portal (DEEP) providing central location for project status and project information. Using Open Source CMS to support integration of various software tools. The portal provided a common on-line template, common practices and artifact location for new engineering project development.
- Performed trade study and comparison of Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) S1000D authoring systems for customer. Gathered data and performed hands-on testing of enterprise systems. Provided summary report with comparison of license costs, setup fees and required customization costs that allowed customer to make an informed decision on system to use for technical manual authoring. Report provided basis for continuing support of customer and planned follow-on business for system customization development in 2007.
- Implemented a standard MS Project template for use by engineering for developing cost estimates for proposals. Through use of the standard template and resource pool, the time to have a proposal priced went from a 2 week turnaround to two hours through the use of an added import function in the pricing software.
- Import of custom, legacy Lotus Notes problem tracking system into Eventum problem tracking PHP software. Technical lead for modification of Eventum to support in-house tracking of hardware and production problems for customer required reports. Used combination of ODBC, Access and MySQL to map and import Lotus Notes data into Eventum database. Provided a lower maintenance problem tracking system, with added features, customized to meet the engineering department needs.